Monday, April 9, 2012

G is for Geraniums

I admit that, like Dorothy Livesay, I am a sucker for geraniums.  A couple days ago Canadian Tire had their seed geraniums on for 69 cents each.  They are small - about 3 inches tall with secondary and tertiary leaves on all of them and they look quite nice.  I, needless to say, bought a flat of 32.  It seemed like such a great idea when I first bought them but now I realize that I have to transplant all the little dears into larger pots if they are going to be any significant size by planting time. Good thing I like planting even if space is an issue.

That said, I just finished transplanting a couple flats of tomatoes and a couple of Genovese basil into larger pots and containers.  I get kind of like a kid in a candy shop when it comes to planting - it feels like I really haven't  planted much until it is time to plant and I have WAY, WAY too many tomato plants and other plants.  It is not as if I live on an acreage or have a huge garden - I just like planting and kind of get on a roll.  sigh.

1 comment:

  1. They're gorgeous. You've put me in the gardening mood, although it will be a while before we can plant anything outdoors here.

    Where do you put your tomatoes?

    ReplyDelete