Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Help wanted and the big disappointment!


I need some help! Not that kind, well not right now anyway. I requested a pasta maker for Christmas but didn't realize that there were so many types on the market. I thought an electric one would be nice because it is not as messy but even these have numerous styles and attachments. Does anyone have a pasta maker, manual or electric? I really am not sure which way is the best direction to go. My hubby was thrilled with the request - he openly admits that he is missing his pasta "off" switch and the thought of fresh pasta definitely has him smiling and quite pleased to fulfill my request. I would like something not too fancy, not too expensive and not too hard to use...any other suggestions what I should be looking for?

Well, I was a bit crushed/disappointed that no-one took up the challenge of a limerick. My Irish roots were saddened that I had no-one to give my give-away to. Barb, from The Bad Tempered Zombie, offered her comment of "Yoiks, limericks!" (A remark which, for some unknown reason, I was unable to publish on the post - still can't seem to get it on there...) Whoever heard of a give-away that didn't go? I think I will send it off to Barb as part of her Christmas parcel for at least commenting...

I can always tell when I have been feeling under the weather - the frequency of my blogging goes straight down. Sorry about that. It has been a bit of an up and down year health-wise but am hoping to get things resolved soon - It is not life-threatening, or anything like that, just incredibly tiring and it is sometimes a bit of a nuisance when I can't get all the extra things I want to do done. What I need is a magic wand that I can wave and my list done for me just the way I like it but I bet all of us wishes that at some point in our very busy lives.

Also - I almost forgot - limericks are actually of English descent but that oops! is ok because my English roots were equally disappointed...lol

3 comments:

  1. I was actually trying to put a limerick together in my head for the longest time, but by the time it gelled the deadline had passed.

    I sure hope that you are feeling better soon!

    And if it helps, I have had loads of giveaways that didn't go. Sometimes these things just happen...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pasta makers? I have had one of each type, and it depends upon what type of pasta you wish to make. The tube shapes work best with the electric. But for the sheet pastas, go manual. it's a very wonderful, sensuous process to pass the sheets through the machine. I think I'll get mine out this weekend.

    Congrats on your blogging milestones - yay! Peace...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barb - it is a pity you didn't send your limerick in anyway - I would have loved to have read it!

    Perhaps I should start with a manual one and then go electric down the road. For me, it's all about the process the end product is simply the bonus,Linda. Thanks for the congrats!

    ReplyDelete