Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Wonderful Wedding Happenings















We have survived the onslaught of relatives of near and far - it was truly wonderful to have everyone stop in or stay here. I just wish I had more one-on-one time with everyone to catch up on what is going on in their lives.

Hubby's niece, Beth, got married to Tim at the Western Manitoba Centennial Hall and it was a beautiful wedding. When they made all the arrangements for the wedding they included a lot family to help do things - it made it so nice and so very personal. My sister-in-law, Barb, officiated and did a wonderful job; Beth's mother, Berni, did beautiful lily flower arrangements for the tables, Beth's two sisters and (now) sister-in-law stood up for her and I had the honour of making and displaying 200 cupcakes! (I have to add a huge thank you to my very generous friends for allowing me the use of their freezers- without them I am not sure what I would have done with the 200 cupcakes - they take up a huge amount of room!) Lots of fun was had by all and everything (thankfully) turned out!

I had a bit of an incident at the wedding. As the ceremony was taking place, a camera was handed down to me to take pictures. I thought it was my brother-in-law Gerry's camera and that he wanted me to take pictures of his wife, Barb, while she officiated the ceremony. I also thought the camera was a digital one -it certainly looked like one anyway - but it was not and to my horror it suddenly shut down and began to rewind! I handed it back to Gerry and apologized only to see him hand it further down the line to a lady I have no idea who she was. So, this unknown woman has many (about 10) wonderful pictures of my sister-in-law officiating, and lovely (half a dozen) headshots of my other sister-in-law Berni. I had a hard time not bursting out in embarrassed laughter when the camera made it into the rightful owners hands. OOps!

The next day there was a very nice brunch put on the by the groom's parents and later a barbeque at our house for family. Always fun and nice to just visit and enjoy everyone in a relaxed setting.

That was my weekend - what did you do on yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment