Monday, December 20, 2010

Into the Void


I stood on the edge of a dream, distraught and completely disorientated. I felt it's remnants in my shattered soul; a tapeworm of terror coiled in my bowels of hidden thoughts. Snippets of truth intermixed with the dream creating an indiscernible reality. I lay in terror unable to thaw my frozen limbs and not really knowing if I had yet awakened.

I could still see my lovely home floating in the abyss of space; it was split in two - a torso ripped in half with multi-coloured tendons of wire and raw splinters of bone/studs exposed for all to see. Tendrils of ice cold horror coursed through my veins and filled me with despair as I realized that I could not reach my precious babies floating in the black void of neither here nor there. My screams shrank and were sucked into the silence of darkness; my husband slept, unconcerned and completely disconnected from the truth around him. I wept tears of hopelessness.

3 comments:

  1. It's unnerving how hard it can be to shake off a particularly powerful dream. They seem more than neurons firing somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm shaking reading this. Goddess, how I hate those heart-wrenching nightmares. Hope the next night brought you sweet dreams of sugarplums and all that jazz. Peace...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda - nightmares are just nightmares - as tangible as the air we hold in our palms and just as transient.

    ReplyDelete