I am breaking my cycle of blogging neglect because I have mud on my face and I have been duly chastised by my eldest daughter about mixing up Earth Day and Earth Hour. Yesterday evening was the Earth Hour from 8:30-9:30pm and on April 22nd it is Earth Day. It was Earth Hour that I was honouring. With a laugh at myself, I apologize for the rather blatant error I made yesterday.
On a happy note, I have been tagged by Laurita at Brain Droppings with a Happy 101 Award. The rules of the award are to list ten things that make me happy and then pass it along to five others. I haven't done a tagging before and I am generally very private about my feelings - so here goes me walking the plank:
1. Life makes me happy. Life has given me the gift of many challenges and between them I really appreciate how good my life actually is. There is just so much to love about it, especially just being here to appreciate it.
2. My husband, and two daughters all drive me crazy in their respective ways and I love them all because without them I just wouldn't be happy. My wonderful, caring friends who put up with me, for whatever reason, also make my world a wonderful place to be.
3. My pets: Mandy (because she is obnoxiously lovable- even when I am in a dead sleep or when I am trying to type on the computer - like now), Emma (because she is so gentle), Kiwi (how could I not love the little tyrant?), Tucker ( because he is a huge gallumph of a cat and truly gives the best hugs) and beautiful Bella (for her occasional lovely trilling in-between the raucous squawking she excels in).
4. I am a happy foodie - I love making and sharing food - I could cook until I drop.
5. Quilting relaxes my soul and I can share it when I am done. I love the colours, the feel of a hand-quilted quilt, the sound of my scissors cutting through the fabric and knowing that something good will happen when all this comes to together.
6. Planting seeds and seeing them sprout helps me to remember that life constantly renews itself and that there is always the joy of new life to sustain us.
7. Sunny winter days are divine - I love the crunch of snow under my boots, how the cold goes up my nose and pinches me, how crystal clear a winter day is, snow diamonds and the giggles of red-cheeked kids playing in the snow.
8. Reading - I am a true addict. Like Laurita, I love words; how they come together, how they sound and how many new and obscure ones I can discover. I, rather sheepishly, admit that I own many different types of dictionaries because I love to read them. Sad but true.
9. Learning is like winning a lottery for me - I love learning new things - it makes me smile inside.
10. My newest love is kayaking - the quiet, the smell of the water, the birds, the wonderful sunny yellow of my kayak and how it reaches down into my soul. (However, I have to figure out a way to grow a few more inches to make it easier to load it on top my van, only then it will be the perfect sport!)
11. I love to share. I just feel that we are all in this world together and we need to give to one another more - not necessarily material things - it just makes a happier place for everyone and it leaves me happy in a content sort of way.
I know I was only supposed to do ten but sharing is such a wonderful thing to do how could I leave it out?
I would like to pass this wonderful, happy reward on to:
Sarah at Cottage Garden Studio
Sinta at Pink Pincushion
Barb at Bad-Tempered Zombie
Have a good time with this...enjoy the reflection and the smile it will give you when you contemplate all your wonderful happy moments - I did it and survived! ;)