Thursday, February 3, 2011

Picture Perfect

The cedars in my front yard.
Under the huge cedar tree at my front entrance.
I think I have fallen in love with taking pictures - there are just so many exquisite, beautiful things to enjoy in my world. The pictures allow me to rediscover them even when the season is past.

Looking up into our maple trees in the backyard.
 
My lovely yard offers me so much.
In their winter frost.
 I love the textures of things that have braved the elements.

Bricks waiting to become part of our cabin.

Nature's backyard leaf art.
The really neat thing about these pictures is that none of these has been doctored (except for adding my name to the leaf art picture), this is exactly how I took these pictures and how they have come out.  The natural world doesn't need visual doctoring - it just needs to be appreciated for how wonderful it already is.

Don't you love the texture of our firepit?  It looks so tactile! 
On top of our firepit in the backyard.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely photos. I really like the one of the bricks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are really fantastic photos! You have an incredible eye for perspective and for finding wonderful texture. You must be happy with your new camera?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I especially like where those bricks are headed, Laurita.
    Thanks, Barb! I just like taking pictures of neat things.

    ReplyDelete