Monday, April 2, 2012

C is for City of Brandon

I have the privilege of living in one of the best small cities in Canada.  In fact, we are rated the 6th best small city in the country.  What do we have to offer?  We have a city that is filled with trees and beautiful plantings in the summer.  We have three shopping areas that offer everything from boutiques to chains.  We have a river running through, multiple golf courses within an easy drive, a diverse population, beautiful library and art galleries, a university and a college, just to name a few of our assets.  I think what I like the best about Brandon is that, despite it's size, it still has a small town feel and a huge volunteer heart that gives generously.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds lovely. I'm going to make my way to Manitoba one of these days. I always end up having to skip over it, which is such a shame.

    Brandon sounds like a lovely city. A like a town that feels small.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey :) Thank you for your sweet comment yesterday1

    I enjoyed reading about your home town. I've always wanted to visit Canada as it looks beautiful. These pictures are gorgeous! It was nice learning about a little place I hadn't heard of before :)

    Nikki – inspire nordic

    ReplyDelete
  3. great post! found you on a to z and am following now. will be back to read more. :)

    take a peek at my blog if you have time, am doing a travel theme:
    http://wordcut.blogspot.com

    best,
    MOV

    ReplyDelete
  4. The thing I like best about Brandon are my family members who live there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laurita - do stop by if you are headed this way. I would love to show you around, it really is a lovely place to live.

      |Nikki - Perhaps one day you will come to Canada - I think you would be impressed not only by it's size but by it's diversity both in people and landscapes.

      MOV - Thanks for joining me on my journey. I will stop by.

      Barb - You are so sweet! Thanks and a big hug!

      Delete